11th May 2015, info is up to date.
- Real Tourist arriving via an international airport will still obtain a 30 day stay, however travelers using OUT/IN method to extend stay will be denied entry. Decision is at the discretion of the Officer.
- A valid Tourist Visa allow 60 day stay and a valid Non Immigrant Visa allow 90 day.
1. Tourist Visa Waiver (visa exemption), no visa required prior to commencing travel to Thailand.
- Countries which get 90 days: Brazil, Chile, Peru, South Korea (not possible to enter via any Land border), Argentina.
- G7 Countries get 30 days: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, USA and United Kingdom.THESE COUNTRIES CAN ENTER VIA AIRPORT AND ARE ALLOWED TWO 30 DAY STAMP FROM LAND BORDER , THIS CAN BE , ONCE, EXTENDED FOR 30 DAYS AT THAI IMMIGRATION (proof of onward travel required, THB 1,900.-). AFTER THAT THEY HAVE TO APPLY FOR A VISA AT ROYAL THAI EMBASSY VIENTIANE/LAOS.
- Bilateral Agreement, Countries get 30 days: Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia, Russia and Vietnam.THESE COUNTRIES CAN ENTER VIA AIRPORT AND ARE ALLOWED ONE 30 DAY STAMP FROM LAND BORDER, EXTENSION WILL BE GRANTED FOR 7 DAYS ONLY, SO BETTER APPLY A VISA AT ROYAL THAI EMBASSY VIENTIANE/LAOS. Vietnam & Laotian special, please check with us.
- Countries which get 30 days at Airport and 15 day stamp at land border: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and UAE. THESE COUNTRIES CAN ENTER VIA AIRPORT AND ARE ALLOWED TWO 15 DAY STAMP FROM LAND BORDER , THIS CAN BE , ONCE, EXTENDED FOR 30 DAYS AT THAI IMMIGRATION(proof of onward travel required, THB 1,900.-). AFTER THAT THEY HAVE TO APPLY FOR A VISA AT ROYAL THAI EMBASSY VIENTIANE/LAOS.
2. Countries which get Visa on Arrival at certain ports of entry in Thailand, however it is NOT possible to obtain Visa on Arrival to enter Thailand via any Thai/Cambodian Checkpoints: Andorra, Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
3. Other country’s passport holders must obtain Visa from a Thai diplomatic post abroad prior to commencing travel to Thailand.
General info and things to consider: We strongly recommend you to copy or record with your camera, upon entry into Thailand, following pages and keep the copies separate: Passport, latest Visa, latest Entry stamp and latest TM Card (Embarkation Card).
Apply for visa extensions at the Immigration Office in Soi 7 off Chaeng Watana Road from Monday to Friday, http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html or at your local Immigration Office.
Re-entry permits are available at Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Muang International Airmort, departure hall. After check in and security, but before you reach Thai Immigration departure desk.
A 60 day Tourist Visa will be, every entry, extended for 30 days, but any 30/15 days visa exempt stamp only ONCE, THB 1,900.-.
Requirements for a Non Immigrant Visa “B”, Documents required are : 1. Recommendation letter addressed to the Royal Embassy Vientiane/Laos (stating about the employment and visa application) and accompanied with the certified copy of the ID of the endorser(s) 2. Employment contract 3. Form of the Employment Certification 4. Approval Letter from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare of Thailand or Copy of the current work permit 5. Copy of corporate documents, namely; – company registration certificate – list of company shareholders – memorandum of company’s regulation – latest income tax statement – latest registration of value added tax.
For applicant who wishes to work for an academic institute; as full or part-time teacher, tutor or teaching assistant, documents required are; 1. Official letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand, or other sub-authorities concerned, approving the employment of foreign academic personnel 2. Recommendation letter addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy Vientiane/Laos (stating about the employment and visa application) and accompanied with the certified copy of the ID of the endorser 3. Employment contract 4. Form of the Employment Certification 5. Copy of registration certificate of the concerned academic institute 6. Copy of applicant’s academic certificate/record 7. Copy of the recent police clearance or certificate of no criminal conviction. 8. Copy of the previous/current work permit (if any).
In the event that you hold a extension of stay based on a Non B with work permit and you resign or it expires, you must cancel the visa timely at Thai Immigration. It is not necessary to return the Work Permit anymore, however the company must issue a letter confirming the last day of employment. There is no “7-day grace period” anymore , however Thai Immigration will offer you a 7 day extension of stay but you have to pay THB 1,900.-. Some border checkpoints will not allow you to leave Thailand without a canceled visa stamp in your passport! Ban Laem and Nong Khai are two of them.
Overstay charges are THB 500.-/day – up to a maximum fine of THB 20,000.-. No blacklisting.
For further information visit: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123