Update 26th May 2023@04:15am: In 2023 you allowed again 2 visa exempt entry via land border, but Russian, Malaysian, Indonesian, Laotian, Vietnamese and Singaporean can do this kind of OUT/IN unlimited times. Proof of Vaccination is not required.
Same day BORDER RUN to Cambodia, we go Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Meet 04:15am to depart latest 04:30am from parking lot @Lotus BTS Station ON NUT, Sukhumvit Soi 50. Each way is a bit over 4 hours with one stop. At border we assist with Immigration on both sides. You will enter Thailand with a new 30 day entry stamp or activate a new entry of your multiple entry visa. At rest stops and border Convenience stores are available. Duty Free limit is strictly enforced (1L Alcohol and 1 carton with 200 cigarettes are allowed).
Westerner/Russian/Japanese THB3500, include Cambodia Visa and general fees. Argentine/Brazil/Chile/Peru allowed 90 days pay THB4500 include Cambodia Visa and general fee. ASEAN THB2500 (as no Cambodia Visa required), this includes all general fees.
Requirement: passport with 6 month validity, at least one free page (marked VISA). If you are on Non Immigrant extension have it cancelled before the trip. Emergency passport can not be accepted. Cambodian E-visa can’t be used at our border check points. Please ensure that you get the Thailand Immigration stamp when enter Thailand again.
- VISA Application trip to Royal Thai Consulate Savannakhet/Laos, limit to 30 person per trip. Booking required, please forward copy of Passport and date you want to join. Next available trips is Sunday 28th May. The trips on Monday 29th, Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st May are still available. Due to many rejections we have to see your visa history before the trip.
- The Land border with Myanmar at Phu Nam Ron/Kanchanaburi ist still closed and will remain closed for a while.
- You have to go in person with our staff to complete a border or visa run, no “Ghost Run” possible.
- South Korean customer please contact before the trip.
Same old RULES: Travellers, under visa exemption scheme, arriving via an international airport will be given a 30 day visa exempt stamp, however people using OUT/IN method to extend their stay might be questioned after few visa exempt entries. There is no specific period given and there is no rule on how many visa exempt will be issued for one person. An old rule “90 days in a 180 days period” has been cancelled many years ago. As of 31st December 2016 Thailand limit visa exempt entries at land border to TWO per calendar year. The day you arrive is counted as first day.
- A valid Tourist Visa allow 60 day stay and a valid Non Immigrant Visa allow 90 day.
1. Tourist Visa Waiver (visa exemption), no visa required prior to commencing travel to Thailand, however have the “THREE PROOF” (cash, ticket and room) ready, countries can join the “Border Run to Cambodia”.
- Bilateral Agreement, 90 days: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, South Korea.
- Bilateral Agreement, 30 days: Laos, Macau, Mongolia, Russia and Vietnam.
- Bilateral Agreement, 14 days: Cambodia (land and air unlimited). Myanmar arrival via Air only & with visa by land.
- Visa Exempt, 30 days at Airport and TWO times 30 days at land border in one calendar year 1.1 – 31.12: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Brunei(unlimited), Belgium, Canada, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia(unlimited), Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia(unlimited), Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines(only country of ASEAN still limited) , Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Slovak, Slovenia, Singapore(unlimited), South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom and USA.
2. Visa on Arrival, when you arrive you will get 15 days, no extension or change of visa category possible. Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu.
3. Other country’s passport holders must obtain Visa from a Thai diplomatic post abroad prior to commencing travel to Thailand.
General info and things to consider: We strongly recommend you to copy or record with your camera, upon entry into Thailand, following pages and keep the copies separate: Passport, latest Visa, latest Entry stamp and latest TM Card (Embarkation Card).
Re-entry permits are available at your local Thai Immigration Office, however you can also apply, after CHECK IN, at Suvarnabhumi International Airport and Don Muang International Airport, departure hall. Single Re-entry THB 1,200.-, Multiple Re-entry THB 4,000.-. Counters should be open 24/7.
Duration of stay: a 60 day Tourist Visa and also the 30 day visa exempt stamp, can be extended for 30 days at Thai Immigration, THB 1,900.-(actually every entry can be extended once). However some countries, like India will get 7 day extension only.
Cancellation of work permit and extension of stay: In the event that you hold an extension of stay based on a Non B with work permit or Non ED based on study and you resign or it expires, you must cancel the “extension of stay” timely at Thai Immigration. And return the Work Permit as well, this is to avoid problem in future. There has never been a “7-day grace period”, however Thai Immigration will offer you a 7 day extension for THB 1,900.-, we call it “GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY” stamp.
Overstay charges are THB 500.-/day up to a maximum fine of THB 20,000.-.
Black Listing started 20th March 2016, age 18 years up , Children below 15 years of age will not pay overstay. Children between 15 and 18 years of age will be charged for overstay, but not Black listed. It is not possible to remove yourself from the blacklist, but after 5 years you can file an appeal.